The purpose of this competition is to encourage both young and experienced cave photographers to offer their best photographs for display at the conference and for a rating. Sinterlaken 2019 is a national congress and therefore we will accept submissions from photographers that proof reference to Switzerland. I.e. accepted are:
- Submissions from photographers living in Switzerland and
- submissions from other photographers if the photos were made in Switzerland.
In the reviewing process consideration will be given to the artistic, technical and aesthetic qualities. One prize will be awarded by the jury in each category and, in addition, distinction awards will highlight examples of praiseworthy submissions. The congress participants will be invited to rate the best photograph for the audience award.
|Photo Competition Co-ordinator||Georg Taffet – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Submission Deadline||30.06.2019 – extended to 7th of July|
- David Bumann, Fotograf, Lichtkunst
- Gérald Favre, Fotograf, Präsident SSS-Genf
- Roberto Buzzini, Fotograf
- Beauty of the underworld
How to apply and submit
For submission the online registration system is to be used considering the above deadline. In order to submit a photograph, you must register first. All photographs will be printed by the congress organisation on photo paper (inkjet, A3, glossy) and displayed in the showroom.
|Size||min. 2MB, max. 10 MB|
|File type||readable by Photoshop|
|Illustration||Family and first name of the author; title of the photograph; short description (optional, one sentence).|
For submissions after the deadline participation cannot be guaranteed.
- A maximum of 4 photographs per category are allowed, and a photograph may be registered for more than one category.
- Three people are forming the jury and they are responsible for the final decision.
- Note that the organisers reserve the right not to award a prize if, in the opinion of the judges, the submissions are too few and / or of insufficient quality to conduct a competition.
- When registering, all applicants must confirm that they have full rights to their images.
- Note that special effects, digital and composite work are not excluded from the competition but, as with all submissions, you must demonstrate that your submission has sufficient technical, artistic and aesthetic qualities.
- The pictures are property of the participants and can be picked up after the award ceremony or until the closing ceremony at the latest. Photographs will not be forwarded to the owner and will go to the conference organizer.
- It is desirable that the participants attend the award ceremony in person or at least appoint a deputy person. Prices will not be forwarded!
- The copyright of all submission will remain with the photographer. All displayed images will be given full credit of the owner. Names of winners and their pictures will be published on the congress website and can also be published in social media promoted by the congress.
- No further use will be made of photographs or of any copies without permission.